Smart Card Reader
Improve secured data and access protection.
Smart card technology finds popular applications in security and access control, financial transactions, medical records, loyalty programs, toll and vending collection, enterprise or single-user network sign-on and more that require secure information exchanges. Contact smart cards have a contact, or “chip," area with several contact pads that, when inserted into a Manhattan Smart Card Reader, can authenticate the user and safely transfer information between the card and the host computer. Smart cards are utilized extensively in Europe and Asia, and the use of smart cards is growing in North and South America. They replace less secure and less reliable barcode ID and magnetic stripe cards to provide flexible and standard transactions and strong, tamper-resistant authentication with minimal human intervention.
Quick and Easy Installation
Ideal for desktop and notebook computers without built-in readers, the Manhattan Smart Card Reader is easily installed using any USB port and the included software and driver CD. Plug and play with Windows and Mac compatibility, it requires no external power supply or cables — just a simple USB connection.
• Compatible with friction-type, contact smart cards
• Ideal for transactions and applications requiring secure information exchanges
• For use with government, health care, banking, entertainment and more
• Supports host communication speeds of up to 12 Mbps
• Installs quickly and easily
• Three-Year Warranty
Standards and Certifications
• USB 2.0
• EMV Physical
• Integrated USB Type-A cable: 105 cm (41 in.)
• Weight: 60 g (0.06 oz.)
• Dimensions: 85 x 65 x 15 mm (3.35 x 2.6 x 0.6 in.)
• Housing: ABS
• IC: RTS5169 General
• CPU card: meets ISO 7816-1, 2, 3, 4 (supports T=0 and T=1 protocols), PC/SC version 1.0/2.0 standard and EMV 4.1
• Memory card: synchronous 2-line, 3-line, SLE4418, 4428, 4432, 4442, AT88SC1608, 45D041 and I2C interface
• PC/SC compliant 1.0/2.0
• LED power and activity indicator
• Power: voltage, USB 5 V + 5 %; consumption, 60 mA maximum
• Durability, cycles: IC card, 200,000
• Temperatures: operation temperature, 0 – 50°C (32 – 122°F); storage, -35 – 70°C (-31 – 158°F) System Requirements
• USB-enabled PC or Mac system
• Windows XP/Vista/7/8.1/10 or Mac or Linux compatible Package Contents
• Smart Card Reader
• Quick Install Guide
• CD includes drivers
Please contact us for more information.