Gigabit Ethernet to SFP Media Converter
The Intellinet Network Solutions Gigabit Ethernet to SFP Media Converter is completely transparent to the network so the network performs exactly the way it did before — only now it can support both copper and fiber mediums.
Expands the Size of an Existing Network
Provides fiber connectivity to Ethernet segments, allowing for even further networking expansion between extended workgroups. Also provides building-to-building connectivity without the need for the cost and disruption associated with the installation of additional routers.
Enhances the Distance between Networking Devices
Connecting the converter to fiber segments can further extend distances between networking nodes. This can be achieved by direct connection between the converter and a fiber-based node or networking device.
Network managers can install fiber cabling anywhere within a network without changing the arrangement of copper-based Ethernet. The compact size of the converter allows it to be easily deployed in any narrow desktop location or to be used in a wall-mount installation. Several converters can be simultaneously installed into a 19" rack-mountable chassis.
• Data transfer rate: 1000 Mbps
• 10/100/1000Base-TX auto-sensing RJ45 port, maximum distance 100 m / 300 ft. (Cat5e and better)
• RJ45 port with Auto MDI/MDI-X support
• SFP (Small Form Factor Pluggable) optical transceiver module port (SFP module not included)
• Module port for Gigabit multimode or single-mode Mini GBIC 1.25G SFP-type fiber modules
• Status LEDs for power and Link/TX for both ports
• External power adapter, 5 VDC
• Functions as a stand-alone converter or can be used with the 14-slot media converter chassis, model 507356
• Three-Year Warranty
• IEEE 802.3 (Twisted Pair Ethernet)
• IEEE 802.3ab (Twisted Pair Gigabit Ethernet)
• IEEE 802.3u (Twisted Pair Fast Ethernet)
• IEEE 802.3z (Fiber Optic Gigabit Ethernet) General
• Media support:
- 1000Base-T Cat5e or higher UTP/STP RJ45
- Fiber media support depends on SFP module
- RJ45 port, 1000Base-T
- SFP module slot
- 100 m / 300 ft. (RJ45 cable)
- Fiber distance depends on SFP module
• Safety & EMI certificates: FCC Class A, CE LEDs
• 1000 Mbps link speed indicator for RJ45 port
• Link indicator for fiber port Power
• External power adapter, 5 VDC, 1.2 A
• Power consumption: 5 watts (maximum) Environmental
• Metal housing
• Dimensions: 96 (L) x 70 (W) x 26 (H) mm (3.78 x 2.76 x 1.2 in.)
• Weight: 170 g (0.34 lbs.)
• Operating temperature: 0 – 50°C (32 – 122°F)
• Operating humidity: 10 – 80% RH, non-condensing
• Storage temperature: -20 – 70°C (-4 – 158°F) Package Contents
• Gigabit Ethernet to SFP Media Converter
• External power adapter
Please contact us for more information.