USB to Serial Converter Silver, 1.8 (L) x 0 (W) x 0 (H) [m]
Easily connect serial devices through a USB port.
Most modern computers and laptops don't have RS232 (DB9) ports, making the use of legacy peripherals and high-tech devices which connect with COM ports almost impossible. The Manhattan USB to Serial Converter — with its serial RS232 (DB9) port and Prolific PL-2303RA chipset — easily expands a single USB port to connect and support serial modems, barcode scanners, digital cameras, card readers, Ham/Amateur Radios, GPS, CNC machines, telescopes, embroidery machines, fuel injection controllers, PDUs, network switches and other devices.
Quality Construction and Easy Installation
Gold-plated contacts and rugged construction combine to offer a reliable connection between the computer and serial peripherals for consistent, trouble-free performance. Windows compatibility with plug-and-play installation and hot-swappability help provide seamless use without inconvenient and frustrating device conflicts.
• Quickly converts a USB port to a Serial/RS232/COM/DB9 port
• The customizable and compatible Prolific PL-2303RA chipset makes it the ideal solution for many OSs and platforms
• Easily connect most DB9/serial modems, digital cameras, label writers, barcode scanners, palm PCs, GPS, telescopes, CNC machines, embroidery machines, automotive control systems, digital organizers and much more
• Install as a standard COM/RS-232 port to provide serial connectivity for legacy and high-tech. devices
• Chipsets PL-2303HXD and FTDI FT232RL configurations are also available at ManhattanProducts.com
• Windows compatible; plug and play; hot-swappable
• Lifetime Warranty
Standards and Certifications
• USB 1.0
• USB 1.1
• WEEE Connections
• USB port; type-A male
• Serial/COM/RS232/DB9 port; 9-pin male General
• Transfer rate: up to 115 kbps
• Bus powered
• Overcurrent protection
• Prolific PL-2303RA chipset Physical
• 24 AWG cable gauge
• Cable length: 1.8 m (6 ft.)
• Weight: 165 g (5.8 oz.) System Requirements
• Windows XP/Vista/7/8/8.1/10 or Linux or Mac 9.x/10.x or above Package Contents
• USB to Serial Converter
• Instructions and driver CD
Please contact us for more information.